The state and federal governments have provided a range of information and resources about COVID-19:
- Information from the Australian Government
- Information for people in Queensland
- Advice for older Australians
- FAQs for parents in Queensland
If you have questions about COVID-19, call the national Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We’ve also made a list of support services for international students.
Communify’s response to COVID-19
The health, wellbeing and safety of our community is always our priority. We are monitoring the situation closely and following all relevant advice from government agencies and global organisations.
In addition to our usual high standards of risk management, infection control and hygiene procedures, we have also implemented a range of additional measures to ensure we all remain as safe as possible.
- have access to hygiene resources and undertake correct hand washing procedures
- are not permitted to attend work if they are unwell in any way
- are taking their own temperatures each day if they are providing in-home services
- understand strict procedures to notify if they may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19 (recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with anyone who has)
- must be tested or receive doctor’s clearance before returning to work if they have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19
- minimise their exposure to people outside their household at all times
- are calling ahead to screen their in-home visits and identify whether clients may be unwell or have been at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Communify’s services and programs:
- are now offered, as much as possible, by telephone or online
- are committed to delivering ongoing support, including essential services, to our clients and community members during this challenging time
- are identifying and responding to those who may have never before found themselves in a situation of needing support from a community organisation
- have been re-designed to distribute goods in ways which minimise person-to-person contact
- are continuing to evolve to meet the emerging and changing needs of the community.
We continue to monitor the latest advice and directives from the Australian Department of Health and the Queensland Government, as well as global health authorities, to ensure our practices and procedures align to current requirements.
If you have questions relating to our services, please contact us on (07) 3510 2700 or